Wed, Jan 24|
San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station
ACC-OC Infrastructure Tour: SONGS Tour
Join ACC-OC and Southern California Edison and Todd Priest & Associates to tour San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station decommissioning process.
Time & Location
Jan 24, 2024, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM
San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station, Old Highway 101, California 92672, USA
About the event
Tour participants will learn about history of SONGS, see firsthand the decommissioning progress, learn about the storage of spent nuclear fuel and what the community can expect in the short and long-term for the site. Light breakfast refreshments and lunch included.
Please read below for important event information:
This is a walking tour. Signup is first-come, first-served, for up to 40 people. The walking tour path is uneven, often on dirt, and includes a steep hill. Participants must be able walk the 1.5-to-2 mile route and stand for two hours. Visitors will not be entering any radiological areas.
Identification and Attire:
- Must provide valid driver’s license or passport to enter site security area
- Closed toe and close heel, sturdy shoes - no high heels or platform shoes, safety shoes preferable
- Long pants and sleeved shirts required (short sleeves are acceptable, no tank tops)
As the plant site is still undergoing decommissioning, the site will provide* the following PPE for us at check-in, including:
- Hard hats
- Safety glasses
- High-visibility vests
- *Participants are welcome to bring your own hardhat and safety glasses
Registration Requirements for Participants:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Country of Citizenship
- Last four digits of SSN
- A complimentary shuttle will be provided by ACC-OC from Central Orange County to San Onofre. Exact address and parking directions will be provided to those who wish to drive themselves.
- Registration will close January 5th for security processing
- This event is for ACC-OC members and is offered on a first-come, first serve basis. A waitlist will be created if registration fills. If you register for the event and are unable to attend, please notify us as soon as possible.
- In the event of rain the event will be postponed to a later date
SONGS Infrastructure Tour$0.00